In a busy city like San Francisco, truck accidents are a regular occurrence. Sometimes, these accidents are nothing more than a minor bump, perhaps leaving some cosmetic damage on the body of the truck or another vehicle. Others, where those involved are less fortunate, can result in traumatic injuries and, perhaps, even death. If you have been seriously injured in a San Francisco truck accident, an attorney from Allegiance Law could help you secure the compensation you require to cover your medical expenses, projected future treatment costs, and lost earnings due to being unable to work.
To discuss your case with a San Francisco truck accident attorney, call Allegiance Law today at 415-404-6395.
Common Causes of San Francisco Truck Accidents
After a truck accident, it can be difficult to identify exactly what caused the collision. While investigating your San Francisco truck accident with a view to determining fault, some of the questions your attorney will ask themselves may include:
- Was the driver tired, perhaps due to driving more than the maximum hours permitted under federal regulations?
- Was the truck being driven in a manner appropriate for the weather and road conditions at the time of the accident?
- Was the driver exceeding the speed limit?
- Were there any problems with the truck, perhaps damage to the truck itself or its trailer? Were vital components, such as the brakes, in good working order?
- Was the load properly secured, or was the truck overloaded or unbalanced?
- Did the practices employed by the trucking company contribute to the accident? This can include issues such as improper scheduling of drivers’ shifts, failure to train drivers appropriately, or a lack of truck maintenance.
- Was the road poorly maintained?
- Did the truck’s back-up alarm fail, in cases where the truck was moving in reverse at the time of the collision?
Each of these possibilities and more will be thoroughly investigated as we channel our years of San Francisco truck accident experience into your case.
How Your San Francisco Truck Accident Attorney Investigates Your Case
Each truck accident is different and, as such, our approach will be tailored to suit each individual case. In general, the techniques we employ may include:
- Advising you not to give a statement, or information in any other form, to anybody other than the police. You may inadvertently say something that adversely affects your case, so it is best to leave all communication to your San Francisco truck accident attorney.
- You should also not sign any forms without first having them approved by your truck accident attorney.
- We will thoroughly investigate the scene of the accident, the police reports, and all available evidence to prove that you were injured through the negligence of another.
When you have been injured in a truck accident, you will have a lot going through your mind. When you instruct an Allegiance Law attorney to handle your San Francisco compensation claim, you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries, while we work tirelessly to prove negligence, assign blame, and secure the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
To discuss your San Francisco truck accident with a practiced attorney, call us today at 415-404-6395.